We’ve launched a podcast! Aptly entitled Vancouver Is Awesome, it’s hosted by V.I.A. Senior Writer Lindsay William-Ross and me, Bob Kronbauer.
Each week we’ll bring you insights and analysis on things happening in your city that we think you should know about. We’ll talk with celebrities, authors, reporters and other people doing awesome things here. We hope to provide you with inspiration and the odd smile, connecting you to Vancouver.
We’ve kicked things off today with a half hour show looking at the hidden polyamory community in this city (it’s like polygamy, but different), as well as some recommendations of places and things you should check out locally in the coming week.
Show notes for Episode 1:
– Take a look at that insanely huge salmon.
– Read our feature “How this Vancouverite quit his day job to be a successful podcaster” about Paul Bae and his latest project, The Big Loop.
– Read John Kurucz’s feature: “An intimate look at Vancouver’s growing polyamory community” in The Vancouver Courier.
– Settling the debate over keeping things close to your “vest” or your “chest”: both are terms that have been used.
– Read our feature about new restaurant Dosanko, where “Japanese comfort food finds an elegant home in Vancouver“.
– Take a look at #runningfortheseabus.
Produced and hosted by Lindsay William-Ross and Bob Kronbauer.
Additional support from Adam Nanji and Brenna Temple.
Our Associate Producer is Albert Van Santvoort.
We record in the studio at Glacier Media, 303 West 5th Avenue in Mt Pleasant.
Theme song is Vancouver BC by The Smugglers ©1990, available on iTunes.
Come back each week for a new episode!