Wondering how to get rid of your tree while keeping things waste-free? Check out our list to find out how, when and where you can recycle your tree in Vancouver this holiday season.
The City of Vancouver, along with the Lions Club, are organizing four tree recycling stations across the city. They also encourage you to bring a non-perishable food item as well as they will be distributing them to local charities.
Tree chipping stations are open 10:00-4:00 on January 6 and 7, 2018
- Sunset Beach Upper Parking Lot, Beach Ave. and Broughton St.
- Trout Lake Community Centre Parking Lot 3360 Victoria Drive
- Kitsilano Beach Parking Lot, Cornwall Ave. and Arbutus St.
- Kerrisdale Ice Rink Parking Lot, 5670 East Blvd.
Curbside Pick Up
The city collects trees via curbside pickup. If you have Green Bin service, put your tree out by 7:00am on Jan 14, 2018 to have your tree collected.
Transfer Station or Landfill
Bring your tree to a Vancouver Transfer Station or Landfill and recycle it for free until Jan 31st, 2018.
- Vancouver South Transfer Station: 377 West Kent Ave. North, Vancouver, BC
- Vancouver Landfill and Recycling Depot: 5400 72nd St, Delta, BC