“If you need a photographer with a keen eye that can show you something new in the everyday and convince people to speak so eloquently through his lens, and if you need a poet to tie a knot in your chest, and if you need some prose to make you laugh, cry, think and want to visit places, and if you want a TV producer with compassion, art and edge, or a rockstar to patiently teach you some guitar chords, and if you want someone who is fueled almost entirely by cheeseburgers and has lots of famous people’s autographs, you gotta meet Jeff.” – Cori Creed
1. English Bay from Stu and Nikki’s old place. July 15th, 2009.
2. Jules and Rob. New Year’s scotch and cigars in the West End. January 1st, 2009.
3. Muddy and Billy. Back alley at 7th & Commercial after Nearly Neil at Federico’s Supper Club. April 23, 2009.
4. My bro, Andrew. Après-surf scotch & cigars in Tofino. September 7th, 2009.
5. Roberto Luongo and his idol Grant Fuhr. From our Olympic documentary series, The Difference Makers. Downtown. October 9th, 2009.
6. Red Truck Ale @ The Sunset Grill @ Kits Beach. June 19th, 2009.
7. Liv’s sister Nikki at Liv’s wedding. Astorino’s @ Venables & Commercial. June 6th, 2009.
8. Craig McKimm. Drummer for legendary local skankers The Skatomatics. Pub 340 on Cambie St. May 30th, 2009.
What neighborhood do you live in?
I live down by the pool at Kits Beach. I do not own a pug or drive a BMW. I do have a junky old Saab, though. Yeah, it’s a turbo.
What do you do and where?
I write, shoot, produce, strum, surf, drink, run, skate, sing, snack and nap anywhere I can, for anyone who’ll listen, read, pay, tolerate, heap praise, or join in.
What are you working on?
I’m working on being a better person, a documentary on my childhood in Liberia, a story on shark diving in South Africa, my relationship, a story on Morgan guitar #2000, my abs, a cure for psoriasis, and a bottle of Johnny Walker.
Also, which websites would you like mentioned?
How about that of my musical hero, Mason Jennings?