|THE PROOF is a weekly roundup showcasing local creatives. A column for creatives to share their story and work, in a unique, concise format: each creative shows 8 pictures and answers 8 questions. Past participants include Bob Kronbauer, Omer Arbel, Carson Ting, Malcolm Levy, Lizzy Karp, Ben Tour, Branislav Henselmann – all living in Vancouver.|
Hannah is talented in singing, writing and playing music. She loves to share that talent and entertain others. She is determined and a hard worker when she does something she likes. She is generous,caring and sympathetic with others feelings. She’s affectionate and loving towards family and friends. She loves to laugh and joke and have a good time with her close friends. She loves children and relates well with them. She has a positive and thankful attitude.
1. My lovely band and I on tour together. I spend a lot of time these folks. Meet Flavio, Robbie T, Swann and Cory.
2. That’s me playing Osheaga this summer in Montreal.
3. Doing some recording in Toronto this past summer.
4. The band and I playing Vancouver Folk Fest this year.
5. This is where I like to write music.
6. This is what I come across on an evening run.
7. I really enjoy hitting up The Beagle for breakfast with my boyfriend on the weekends in Vancouver
8. I love spending time in the comforts of my home.
1. What neighborhood do you live in?
I live in the South Granville/Kitsilano area. I really enjoy living where I do because it’s quiet and also close to everything I need. I also live right beside a church. It’s nice to hear the organ playing when I wake up Sunday mornings.
2. What do you do and where?
I’m a musician, recording artist, singer, songwriter. I’ve been living in Vancouver the past 6 years. I also travel frequently because of my career.
3. What are you working on?
I’m currently writing new songs and getting material together for a new record. I’m also working on my live performance for my upcoming fall tour. I’m heading out on tour again in the fall.
4. Where can we find your work?
You can find my work online, itunes, my website and in record stores. hannahgeorgas.com
5. Who are your role models?
I’m really attracted to artists that are innovative, authentic and are the ones creating the trends. Music consumes my mind a lot of the time and I guess that explains my list!
I love Sade, Lauren Hill, Peaches, Julian Casablancas, The Cure, Annie Lennox, Frente, Beck, Michael Jackson. The Cranberries, Bjork, David Bowie, James Murphy
6. What keeps you going in this industry?
My drive and love for music. It continues to inspire me in different ways and it always gets me excited about life.
7. If you had a chance to start your career all over again, how would you do it differently?
I guess I would have pushed myself earlier on with making music my career path. It took me a little while to make up mind. I always knew what I wanted but it took a level of confidence and maturity for me to get there.
8. What advice do you wish someone would have given you when you were young?
You’re going to be ok. It’s not about reaching some sort of finish line or level of success. It’s about creating great moments with the people around you and enjoying life. I’m the type of person that wants answers right away and things to happen immediately… So having patience is another good one.