Here’s a sweet 1986 commercial for the PNE starring the one and only Garfield and his pals Odie and Nermal. I don’t know that Vancouver has ever seen a more awesome licensing agreement come to fruition than the one witnessed in this clip. Deep fried lasagna anyone?
This is one of many gems that V.I.A. reader Rob Richardson has dug up from his collection. The source is a vast collection of VHS tapes that he recorded himself or has managed to collect from thrift stores, flea markets, storage lockers, yard sales, contacts with people in other parts of Canada and the U.S., and anywhere he can manage. He’s driven over to Vancouver Island and as far down as Olympia, Washington to rescue analogue goodness before they’ve wound up in the scrapper and we’re happy to bring you a Vancouver-centric clip each week.
Here are a number of others we’ve shared:
– Blackcomb Mountain launches – 1982
– The Captain, Aye Aye and Good Buy – 1994
– Royal City Antiques – 1985
– BC Place monster truck rally – 1985
– A British Columbia Minute from CBC – 1986
– Mom n’ Pop corner stores in Vancouver falling on tough times? – 1984