Cheap acid wash at the Starboard Pant Factory on Georgia Street, as far as the eye can see! If you have ANY information about the history of this store (which was located in Chinatown), please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This video is one of many gems that V.I.A. reader Rob Richardson has dug up from his collection. The source is a vast collection of VHS tapes that he recorded himself or has managed to collect from thrift stores, flea markets, storage lockers, yard sales, contacts with people in other parts of Canada and the U.S., and anywhere he can manage. He’s driven over to Vancouver Island and as far down as Olympia, Washington to rescue analogue goodness before they’ve wound up in the scrapper and we’re happy to bring you a Vancouver-centric clip each week.
Here are some others we’ve shared:
– Back when the CBC produced “spine tingling” horror cassette tapes – 1985
– A TV commercial for the PNE starring Garfield, Odie and Nermal! – 1986
– Blackcomb Mountain launches – 1982
– The Captain, Aye Aye and Good Buy – 1994
– Royal City Antiques – 1985
– BC Place monster truck rally – 1985
– A British Columbia Minute from CBC – 1986
– Mom n’ Pop corner stores in Vancouver falling on tough times? – 1984