Every Wednesday our friends at The Georgia Straight provide us with a preview of what you’ll see on – and in – their paper the next day. They are the source for lifestyle and entertainment in our city and along with their robust online presence they’ve always released a print edition, distributed everywhere each Thursday.
This issue is their 2,442nd and on the cover is is Vancouver Opera. Vancouver Opera’s Stickboy finds spoken-word poet Shane Koyczan (photographed by Kaare Iverson – www.kaareiverson.com) revisiting the traumas of his past.
There’s also a special section presenting Fall Books. HERE is a portal to stories from it.
Here’s some links to stories highlighted on the cover:
– Vancouver Opera’s Stickboy boldly faces the bullies again coverstory by Janet Smith
– Tanya Tagaq and Severn Cullis-Suzuki collaborate at Beyond Words by Alexander Varty
– After five years in sanctuary, U.S. war resister Rodney Watson warns against another war in Iraq by Travis Lupick
More Fall Books coverage:
– Karl Ove Knausgaard turns inner life into literature on a grand scale by Brian Lynch
– Kim Thúy reflects on love and the language of food by David Chau
Pick up a copy of the Straight when you see it tomorrow!