In the coming months, Metro Vancouver residents will be voting on a new transportation package proposed by The Mayor’s Council. A successful “yes” vote in this plebiscite will be a triumph; its failure a historic loss. One way or another, we will be deciding the future of our region, including our quality of lives, economy, environment, and the prospects for our children. It’s that big a deal.
The creative team at Modacity – under the leadership of SFU City Program Director Gordon Price – produced this short film, making the case for this crucial investment in a first-class transportation system. It tells the story of how we managed to build one of the most liveable cities in the world, and how this single decision will shape our future for decades to come.
What Can You Do?
- Register with Elections BC prior to May 15. Ballot cards will be mailed to your home address.
- Share the YouTube video link with your friends and colleagues via email and social media.
- Host a meet-up to discuss the plebiscite, using the short film to get the discussion started.
- Speak to one or two people each day, sharing your thoughts and concerns regarding the vote.
Want More Info?
- Better Transit & Transportation Coalition
- Moving in a Livable Region
- Official Mayor’s Council Website
- Please Contact Us.
Chris Bruntlett is the co-founder of Modacity a multi-service consultancy focused on inspiring healthier, happier, simpler forms of urban mobility through words, photography and film. You can find Chris on Twitter: @modacitylife.