Park Royal, 1950

0
3930

 

Vancouver Sun.
Vancouver Sun.

1950
Park Royal
Shopping by the sea! Park Royal, the first shopping centre in Canada, was developed by the same land company that owned the British Properties and the Lions Gate Bridge. When it opened in 1950 on the north side of Marine Drive in West Vancouver, there was parking for 700 cars. As this photograph shows, Woodward’s Department Store was the anchor tenant.

View the entire Metro Vancouver History 365 Series HERE.

chuck-davis-history-of-vancouver

SHARE
Previous article“Goth picnic” kills Diner en Blanc with kindness
Next articleHot Art Wet City at ROVE