Every week our friends at The Georgia Straight provide us with a preview of what you’ll see on – and in – their paper that week. They are THE source for lifestyle and entertainment in our city and along with their robust online presence they’ve always released a print edition, distributed everywhere each Thursday.
The cover this week is International Women’s Day. As International Women’s Day approaches, Theodora Lamb, Samaah Jaffer, and Melody Ma are making communities more resilient; plus, director Rachel Talalay tackles a difficult subject in her film, On the Farm.
Read the cover stories below:
– Local activist Melody Ma talks being a catalyst for social engagement.
– Vancity director Theodora Lamb creates change through actions and by example.
– SFU undergrad Samaah Jaffer helps promote understanding through community engagement.
Here are some other stories highlighted on the cover:
– Room magazine marks four decades of feminist writing with a bold new literary festival.
– Alonzo King digs ever deeper at Vancouver International Dance Festival.
– With Elektra Women’s Choir, star soprano Isabel Bayrakdarian offers meditative ode to a mother.
New issues of the Straight come out every Thursday, go get it!