Oakridge Transit Centre
Transit central. These dispatchers are at work at the new Oakridge Transit Centre opened by BC Electric on West 41st Avenue near Oak Street in 1948. The 14-acre site was formerly an army barracks. The opening of the centre was timed to coincide with the inauguration of the city’s first trolley bus route. On that first run, with a busload of dignitaries, BCE president Dal Grauer took the wheel and proceeded to dewire the vehicle and break a trolley pole.