We released Episode 3 of the Vancouver Is Awesome podcast today!
Each week Lindsay William-Ross and Bob Kronbauer bring you insights and analysis on things happening in your city that we think you should know about. In the middle of each episode we talk with people doing awesome things here and hope to provide you with inspiration and smiles, connecting you to Vancouver.
This week’s guest is Michael Schwartz of The Jewish Museum and Archives of BC. He shares some insights on Hannukah and answers a lot of semi-ignorant questions from Bob about the Jewish community in Vancouver and their holidays, and some not-so-ignorant questions from Lindsay who is actually Jew-ish.
Show notes for Episode 3:
– Take a ride on the double decker bus.
– Consult the Is It Raining In Vancouver crystal ball.
– Read the feature on the Merde Il Pleut / Shit It’s Raining umbrella, by John Kurucz from the Vancouver Courier.
– Learn about UmbraCity umbrella share program.
– Read Glen Korstrom’s piece about Arts Umbrella taking over space in the old Emily Carr building.
– Check out the Jewish Museum & Archives of B.C., where our guest Michael Schwartz works as the Director of Community Engagement, and be sure to dig into their Online Exhibits.
– Listen to The Kitchen Stories podcast.
– Watch the trailer for the Adam Sandler film Eight Crazy Nights.
– Learn about the sweet winter beers we discussed with Ron Mangelsdorf from The Growler:
Steamworks Winter Lager
Vancouver Island Brewing Hermannator Ice Bock
Hoyne Brewing’s Gratitude
Whistler Brewing Company’s Chestnut Ale
Granville Island’s Lions Winter Ale
Produced and hosted by Lindsay William-Ross and Bob Kronbauer.
Additional support from Adam Nanji and Brenna Temple.
Our Associate Producer is Albert Van Santvoort.
We record in the studio at Glacier Media, 303 West 5th Avenue in Mt Pleasant.
Theme song is Vancouver BC by The Smugglers ©1990, available on iTunes.
Come back each week for a new episode!