If you’re headed to YVR Airport today, remember to pack your patience.
Vancouver’s international airport says Thursday is going to be their busiest travel day of the holiday season.
More than 83,000 passengers are expected to pass through YVR’s terminals today, as travellers head in and out of the city for Christmas visits and trips.
YVR is doing all they can to remind passengers to give themselves plenty of time to get there and to their flight.
Weather may not be a factor today in Vancouver, but anyone headed to pick up or take off should remember that weather may affect flights coming from or going to other destinations.
Here are YVR’s holiday travel tips:
- Allow ample time to check in, clear security and board your flight. Factor in time for traffic congestion, parking and walking to the terminal.
- Winter weather here in Metro Vancouver or in other parts of the country could impact flights, so be sure to check the status of your flight at yvr.ca before you leave home.
- Travel to YVR on the Canada Line is quick and efficient, delivering you to the terminal door in 26 minutes or less.
- When packing, remember that restrictions continue to apply for liquids, gels and aerosols in carry-on baggage. These details and a complete list of items not permitted in carry-on baggage, including skis and snowboards, is available through Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA) at catsa.gc.ca.
- Don’t wrap gifts before packing them into your carry-on baggage. Their contents may need to be inspected during the pre-board screening process.
It’s also a very busy time for BC Ferries. Similarly, they are urging passengers to factor in extra time, including arriving early for sailings, check with BC Ferries for travel advisories and cancellations, and to always make reservations when possible.