Take a break from the news cycle and help us celebrate the things we covered this week that are making Vancouver Awesome with a capital “A.”
January 6-12, 2018
- This B.C. guitar builder is using wood from Jimi Hendrix’s childhood home.
2. Here are 6 local fitness apparel brands that will get you sweating in 2018.
3. Sometimes we bear witness to epic Twitter smackdowns between mountains.
4. These Vancouver businesses are stirring things up with reusable straws.
5. Awesome for Canada: Starbucks finally gets their super popular Sous Vide Egg Bites into stores here.
6. These Richmond otters have done something “rare” and “amazing.”
7. The Lift Cannabis Expo lights up Vancouver this weekend.
8. Our 500 Coffees series offers Aamir Baig of Article modern furniture a seat.
9. Or, if you’d prefer, sit and talk with artist Marie Khouri.
10. Here are 5 things you didn’t know about Waterfront Station. Good travel trivia!
12. Plan accordingly: Hot Tub Cinema is coming to town with booze-filled tubs and film screenings.
13. And then there’s this pop-up grown-ups only Legobar, too.
14. They like us! Vancouver breaks visitor record for fourth consecutive year.
15. Langley-based Save-On-Foods comes up with a $25 customer reward for bread price fixing, although they didn’t participate in the scheme.
16. It’s coming… Dine Out Vancouver 2018 announces participating restaurants.
17. You can get Mac & Cheese Waffles at this fancy new Vancouver restaurant.
18. But if you really do have to bring the kids, here are 5 high-end Vancouver restaurants that are also kid-friendly.
19. Here are all 75 flavours you can try at the 2018 Hot Chocolate Festival.
20. But if wine is your thing, we can help you get to know Bordeaux.
21. Or beer…PuSh Festival’s signature beer is all about artistic collaboration.
22. Here’s where you could score poké bowls for just $3 this week.
23. Poetry comes alive with VPL’s Dead Poets Reading Series.
24. A little distraction in the form of a vintage video: Check out this funky 1967 short film about Grouse Mountain.
25. A new play called “Remote Control” spoofs the broadcasting biz, and it’s touring Metro Van this winter and spring.
26. Eating plans: A complete guide to the food trucks at Street Food City 2018.
27. One of our faves, Olympic figure skater Patrick Chan, has moved to Vancouver.
28. Ladies, FYI: YVR is now stocking free tampons and pads.
29. The Vancouver Archives has acquired two million images from the Sun and Province.
30. We’ve got the lineup for PechaKucha in Vancouver on February 15.
31. Weekend inspiration: The 10 best events to see this weekend.