Take a break from the news cycle and help us celebrate the things we covered this week that are making Vancouver Awesome with a capital “A.”
February 10-16, 2018
1. Happy anniversary to us! V.I.A. turned 10 this week.
2. On our 10th episode of the V.I.A. podcast we welcomed local business owner Rachel Zottenberg.
3. There’s one drive-in movie theatre left in Metro Vancouver, and it opens for the season soon.
4. The Vancouver Aquarium has completed a historic shark rescue.
5. We’ve also got video of a rare sperm whale spotted in B.C.’s waters.
6. One more on the subject of marine life: Orca punts seal 80 feet in the air, caught on video.
7. Michelle Obama came to Vancouver and imparted her wisdom to sold-out crowds.
8. Story Story Lie is an awesome monthly live storytelling game show at the Rio.
9. La Taqueria has added another Vancouver location AND they’ve got nachos on the menu now.
10. Our wine expert shares his thoughts on some Australian oddities.
11. We’ve got spirits, yes we do: BC Distilled happens in April, and there are 40 distilleries from around the province set to take part.
12. Need to get more plant-based? We’ve got 10 vegan eats in Vancouver to try right now.
13. The apartment rental market is getting fifty shades of…interesting.
14. We sat down for a coffee with the ‘5 Kids, 1 Condo’ guy Adrian Crook, who has some major political aspirations.
15. There’s a lovely new modern Italian restaurant called Piva worth checking out in New West.
16. Over 100 couples took part in the annual “Love in the Square” free wedding event at Robson Square.
17. Mr. T is no fool: He’s fallen in love with Olympic curling.
18. We’ve been cheering on Canadian ice dancers Virtue and Moir, who caused a media stir with their steamy Olympic performance.
19. There is a restaurant dedicated to hummus now open in Gastown.
20. Check out this beautiful new illustrated map of Vancouver.
21. Juke, the fried chicken spot in Chinatown, has launched an epic new weekend brunch.