Take a break from the news cycle and help us celebrate the things we covered this week that are making Vancouver Awesome with a capital “A.”
March 3-9, 2018
1. This week on the Vancouver Is Awesome Podcast we talk to Jackie Kai Ellis. The founder of Beaucoup Bakery’s new memoir came out March 6.
2. Meet Tess, Vancouver’s largest lap dog.
3. More from our big dogs series: Jago is a 115lb German Shepard that’s young at heart
4. This Vancouver treat shop takes hot chocolate to the next level.
5. Wooo! We’re getting tap-to-pay for public transit! In the meantime, here’s why you’re seeing a weird new sticker on the tap pads.
6. More transit news: 4 more B-Line bus routes coming to Metro Vancouver soon.
7. David Suzuki is a Hometown Star.
9. Neko Case is on the lineup for the Vancouver Folk Music Festival.
10. JUNOfest celebrates Canadian music at 15 venues across Vancouver.
12. We’re getting an axe-throwing league…at a brewery!?
13. Feeling down? This beer will brighten your day.
14. One local’s ode to life in Lower Lonsdale.
15. On the other side of town, find out why this guest writer loves living in Little Mountain.
16. You can now get scoop flights at this Vancouver ice cream parlour.
17. This new app will get you around Vancouver by combining modes of transit.
18. Vancouver lawyers have unleashed a flood of rainbows on Merritt.
19. These local kids are repping Canada in a world sailing competition.
20. Drink your way around Yaletown on this new cocktail crawl.
21. Fanatical birder photographs 54 species of birds over 3 days in Vancouver.
22. B.C. Highways’ wildlife cameras capture elusive critters.
23. The public has voted: Here are the 21 best Chinese restaurants and dishes in Vancouver.
24. Hipster steer manure is raising funds for a local school’s sports teams.
25. 5 stacked breakfast burgers to try in Vancouver.
26. There’s a free Bike Rave happening this March at UBC.
27. These new Western and Eastern afternoon tea services will take you on a flight of fancy.
28. Here’s how you can invent a new Cartems donut flavour.
29. Local artist creates giant public colouring book art project.
30. Here are 16 sweet things you might not know about our newest columnist, Grant Lawrence.