This week’s guest on the V.I.A. podcast is Grant Lawrence. Author, CBC personality, dad, beer league hockey goalie, musician, and now a columnist for us!
Show notes for Episode 14:
– Walk across the FREE Lynn Canyon suspension bridge or pay for the deluxe Capilano suspension bridge.
– Visit the old hollow tree in Stanley Park hollow tree or Douglas Coupland’s golden interpretation of it as a piece of public art.
– Visit the Vancouver Art Gallery. Learn about the public space on the North side of the gallery.
– White spot hamburgers and other menu items on the ferry.
– See what movies are shooting in Vancouver so you can watch them get filmed.
– Check out Grant’s column on V.I.A..
– Grant built a mini ice rink for his son in his backyard.
– Visit Palm Springs. And before you do, make sure to watch The Salton Sea.
– Keep up on Grant’s books, reading, etc at GrantLawrence.ca.
– Burger $2.85 is back!
– Jimmy Pattison owns all of Ripley’s Believe It or Not. Believe it.
– Luke Skywalker’s lightsaber from Star Wars A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back is in Vancouver right now and you can go and see it.
Produced and hosted by Lindsay William-Ross and Bob Kronbauer.
Additional support from Adam Nanji.
Our Associate Producer is Albert Van Santvoort.
We record in the studio at Glacier Media, 303 West 5th Avenue in Mt Pleasant.
Theme song is Vancouver BC by The Smugglers ©1990, available on iTunes.
Come back each week for a new episode!