Take a break from the news cycle and help us celebrate the things we covered this week that are making Vancouver Awesome with a capital “A.”
May 26-June 1, 2018
- This week on the V.I.A. Podcast we talk to the anonymous blogger who wrote the viral story about Vancouver parking meters accepting tips.
- Here are 25 of the most awesome photos of Vancouver.
- Park board making Vancouver beaches, pools more accessible.
- SeaBus crews do 360s to honour departed comrade.
- 5 things you didn’t know about Theatre Under the Stars.
- East Van Baseball launches new merch at Strathcona Beer Co. pop-up.
- There’s an entire wine-drinking event dedicated to Rosé happening in Vancouver.
- 750,000-piece LGBTQ+ history collection donated to Vancouver Archives.
- Japan’s matcha café Tsujiri finally opening Vancouver-area location this summer.
- Vancouver’s Bike to Work week was rolling this week.
- Newly renovated studio in Downtown Eastside opens its doors.
- Free pop-up dance party coming to Vancouver’s coolest alley this weekend.
- Vancouver entrepreneur creates hangover cure that’s 100% natural.
- A two-day brunch food festival is happening this summer.
- There are 60 places to celebrate Negroni Week in Vancouver.
- These 3 Vancouver neighbourhoods will have massive car-free block parties this June and July.
- 8 of the best mysteries to read this summer courtesy of the VPL.
- This new public art installation in Yaletown is a colourful way to celebrate summer (PHOTOS).
- This recipe will get you forever hooked on craft beer cocktails.
- Some jokers just listed the Kinder Morgan pipeline project on Craigslist.
- The largest Indian buffet restaurant in North America is open in Metro Vancouver.
- This amazing kid won CBC Vancouver’s first ever Science Fair.
- There’s a big FREE food truck festival happening in Vancouver this weekend.
- Luxury tower designs unveiled for $72M West Georgia gas station site.
- 22 Vancouver food events to check out this June.
- Halifax’s King of Donair expanding to Vancouver.
- YWCA video campaign gives a voice to survivors of violence.
- You should absolutely join this Vancouver seafood share program.
- Pipeline protesters use social media as their megaphone.
- Charity facial hair competition happening in Vancouver this weekend.
- Vancouver Craft Beer Week keeps on chugging.
- Over 100 breweries and cideries will be pouring samples at the big tasting event for VCBW.
- Why cider lovers need to check out Vancouver Craft Beer Week.
- New recording station opening at North Vancouver City Library.
- 9 essential places for delicious donuts in Vancouver.
- Zero waste retail predicted to survive and thrive in Vancouver.
- Burnaby-based Dageraad named Canada’s 2018 Brewery of the Year.
- Live documentary ‘Victim Impact’ explores Rashida Samji Ponzi scheme.
- $38M Vancouver condo is most expensive home for sale in Canada.
- 26 fun and FREE events to check out in New Westminster this summer.
- Old Hollywood Meets Hollywood North.
- Genevieve Hume on sustainable mining (VIDEO).