Take a break from the news cycle and help us celebrate the things we covered this week that are making Vancouver Awesome with a capital “A.”
October 27 – November 2, 2018
1. On this week’s V.I.A. podcast, we spoke to Vancouver’s new Mayor-elect, Kennedy Stewart!
This week’s show is sponsored by Vancouver’s own Fresh Prep, and we’re giving 3 free meals to everybody who signs up using our coupon code! Save $33 on your first order when you use the code POD18. Sign up HERE.
2. These are the best Burnaby spots to watch salmon returning to spawn.
3. Vancouver’s Atomic Cartoons sketches success with “Princesses Wear Pants”.
4. Big Star Sandwich is bringing epic meat subs to Richmond.
5. This quick-thinking 7-year-old helped save his family from Vancouver house fire.
6. Horin Ramen + Sake: New noodle shop joins Robson’s ‘Ramen Row.
7. Crazy art pieces made out of cans will be built in Burnaby on Saturday.
8. $5-million donation funding massive expansion of VPL’s Children’s Library.
9. Go whole hog at the inaugural Swine Out Vancouver meat and beer event.
10. Get a sip of what’s brewing at the 5th annual Vancouver Tea Festival.
11. This Richmond restaurant is the first hot pot spot in Canada to go Ocean Wise.
13. Discover over 500 artists at Vancouver’s FREE Eastside Culture Crawl.
14. Crush these food and wine events at Whistler’s annual Cornucopia.
15. EAT! Vancouver celebrates the best of the city’s incredible food and drink.
16. Burnaby poet earns Governor General’s Literary Award.
17. Claim one of the rarest whiskies in the world at this massive liquor release.
18. UBC to give honorary degrees to Grand Chief Stewart Phillip and Kim Cattrall.
19. Horgan, Wilkinson to talk electoral reform in B.C. in televised debate Nov. 8.
20. North Shore mountains celebrate first snowfall of the season.
21. 21 awesome Vancouver food events to check out this November.
22. Full metal racket: Courier reporter drums up publicity for his band’s new album.
23. Richmond gamer wins chance to gain world title in China.
24. You can perform for thousands as a TransLink musician.
25. Someone made the East Van Cross out of fallen leaves in a Vancouver park.
26. UBC ranked #2 Canadian university in global report.
27. The massive Emily Carr Student Art Sale takes place this November.
28. Discover the $1M makeover at this magical ravine park in Metro Vancouver.
29. B.C. government issues first recreational pot shop licence.
30. Nude farmers raise cash for Squamish community farm.
31. Discover over 100 artists, makers and brands at this massive Indie market.
32. Fizz biz: B.C. craft breweries are going pop.
34. Journey through an epic 210 foot long illuminated light tunnel this month.
35. You can pick how ‘numbing’ you want your spicy ramen at this new noodle shop.