The Vancouver Public Library has announced that they are looking for a screenwriter to be their next writer in residence.
The exciting opportunity allows a local screenwriter to spend four months working in a natural environment that is sure to spark their creativity.
The library will host the writer from August 26, 2019 and December 13, 2019, for a full-time position (35 hours/week). During this period 40 percent of the writer’s time will be spent on creating and conducting public programs or projects, and 60 percent of their time will be spent working on their own creative writing projects.
And just what kind of screenwriters are they looking for?
The VPL will choose from a wide variety of screenplay forms including short films, feature films, television, mini-series, documentaries or video games.
Writer in Residence Qualifications
The library would like you to submit your application if you:
- Have a significant body of screenwriting credits.
- Have professional teaching and public speaking experience.
- Are enthusiastic about engaging the public in one-on-one and group settings.
- Have writing projects for this residency that are in the early working stage.
- Are available on a full-time basis in Vancouver from August to December 2019.
The deadline for applications is Friday, February 8, 2019.
For more details on how to apply and information on the program, visit here.