Take a break from the news cycle and help us celebrate the things we covered this week that are making Vancouver Awesome with a capital “A.”
March 23 – 29, 2019
1. You can taste over 200 kinds of hot sauce at this Vancouver shop.
2. Here are some tips on how to survive Vancouver’s allergy season.
3. This system will heat and cool Vancouver Airport using the earth’s energy.
4. Three new wines that fit the bill for spring sipping in Vancouver.
5. Why this 1980 Ford van was a fan favourite at the Vancouver International Auto Show.
6. One of Vancouver’s most epic rooftop patios reveals 2019 opening date.
7. Vancouver ranks in top 5 sports cities in Canada.
8. Army & Navy celebrates 100th anniversary with massive birthday sale.
9. Meet the mind behind the witty @BCFerrys Twitter account.
10. A Mac and Cheese Festival is coming to Vancouver this summer.
11. People are doing kooky things for cherry blossom photos outside this Vancouver home.
12. Lutheran minister and 90s indie pop hero returns to rock Vancouver.
13. Spot Prawn Festival returns to Vancouver with chowder and brunch.
14. Off-leash pig spotted strolling in a Metro Vancouver park.
15. Dates revealed for FREE outdoor movies in Stanley Park this summer.
16. This meteor shower will electrify Vancouver skies next month.
17. Take part in an epic colour war this spring at this FREE Vancouver festival.
18. These spring hikes near Vancouver offer stunning views that let you see for miles.
19. A dazzling full pink moon is set to illuminate Vancouver skies next month.
20. Your artwork could be wrapped around a utility box in the City of Vancouver.
21. World’s tallest gnome finds new home on Vancouver Island.
22. Camping reservations open soon for popular Joffre Lakes.
23. 4 spectacular places to go forest bathing in Metro Vancouver this spring.
24. Vancouver and international artists think small for Post-it note art show.
25. 21 cherry blossom photos in Vancouver that will take your breath away.
26. Vancouver International Airport ranked #1 in North America for 10th year in a row.
27. British Columbia is home to the tallest waterfall in Canada.
28. This exclusive hidden downtown Vancouver patio is about to kick off their season.
29. You can get these colourful mochi donuts in Metro Vancouver.
30. The largest tulip festival in Western Canada returns to the Lower Mainland this April.
31. Vancouver’s toughest film buffs flex their eyeballs for 24-hour movie marathon.
32. This epic disco-themed roller skate party takes place in Robson Square rink this April.
33. Get April fooled by these 7 true tales of famous fraudsters.
34. Former Killarney secondary student plays lead in powerful coming of age film.
35. There’s going to be a big public pillow fight in Vancouver this April.