Father of murdered B.C. real estate agent taking case to Dr. Phil show

Roxanne Egan-Elliot


The father of Lindsay Buziak, whose 2008 murder remains unsolved, is making an appearance on the television show Dr. Phil on Friday to talk about the case.

“I don’t sit back and weep,” Jeff Buziak said. “I did that for a year. This is what I do now. I speak out.”

The 2008 killing of Lindsay Buziak has never been solved. Family photo.

Lindsay Buziak was 24 years old and working as a real estate agent when she was killed on Feb. 2, 2008. She was found stabbed to death in a vacant house in Gordon Head following an appointment to show the house to a couple. Saanich police have said they believe it was a targeted killing.

In March, Jeff Buziak went to Los Angeles to record the episode in front of a live audience of about 250 people. Dr. Phil is one of the most popular daytime television shows in North America.

Buziak said he has dedicated his life to solving the case. He has been on four television shows, spoken on several podcasts and maintains a website that gets up to 3,500 visits daily.

He said he gets tips every week that amount to “a mountain of circumstantial evidence” and passes everything to Saanich police.

Buziak continues to criticize police for being unable to solve the case after more than 11 years.

“I think they’re either totally blundering idiots, or they’re covering something up,” he said, adding that he believes most people know who was involved in his daughter’s death.

Saanich police could not be reached for comment.

The police have previously said they continue to actively investigate Lindsay Buziak’s death, which they have called a contract killing. Police have also said that an internal audit found the investigation meets standard requirements for major cases.

Lindsay Buziak was lured to the home at 1702 De Sousa Pl. by a man and a woman who asked her to show them the home, even though she was not the listing agent. She was stabbed multiple times in an upstairs bedroom.

Her boyfriend, Jason Zailo, arrived at the house with a friend to check on her. He found the front door locked and saw Lindsay’s shoes in the front foyer.

Zailo’s friend managed to get in the house through a side door, and let Zailo in. He found his girlfriend’s body in the bedroom.

Zailo was cleared by police as a suspect.

Police identified the phone used to call Buziak to arrange the viewing as a “burner” phone purchased in Vancouver and activated the month before she was killed.