Take a break from the news cycle and help us celebrate the things we covered this week that are making Vancouver Awesome with a capital “A.”
May 25 – 31, 2019
1. This week’s V.I.A. Podcast features both legally blind photographer Cathy Browne and swoon rocker Alexandria Maillot!
Listen to our conversation with Cathy about her role in Canada’s first fully accessible and inclusive Dis/ability and Deaf Artists-in-Residence Program in K-12 schools, followed by Alexandra Maillot’s heartbreaking performance of her song, “The Judge”.
2. Vancouver photographer shares stunning images of goslings up close.
3. Vancouver ranks on global list of hottest Pride festivals to visit in 2019.
4. How a dog and owner saved each other from terrifying bear attack on B.C. trail.
5. This festival offers over 5 acres of massive sunflowers that soar over 12 feet tall.
6. You could take part in the largest goat yoga class in the world this June.
7. This massive Vancouver Retro Gaming Expo takes place next month.
8. Walk among hundreds of free-flying butterflies this summer in Vancouver.
9. 21 awe-inspiring Vancouver sunset snaps that will blow your mind.
10. These FREE outdoor yoga classes run all summer in Vancouver.
11. Cineplex hosts FREE viewing parties for serious and bandwagon Raptors fans.
12. Lost wedding ring reappears after snow melts at B.C. ski resort.
13. West End Car Free Day offers massive FREE street party next month.
14. Vancouver’s LGBTQ2S elders get second chance to enjoy prom.
15. The Vancouver Is Awesome Grand Prix returns to Mount Pleasant this June!
16. Minimum wage in B.C. is going up on June 1.
17. This FREE drive-in movie theatre returns to Metro Vancouver this summer.
18. Burnaby is getting four rainbow crosswalks at prominent intersections.
19. This massive FREE street party takes place in Vancouver next month.
20. Cultus Lake Waterpark opens June 1st! Present this coupon to receive 2-for-1 admission between June 1 – July 12, 2019. Read coupon details below #SPONSORED