The Richmond community can now report non-emergency crimes online.
On July 3, the Richmond detachment of the B.C. RCMP made the Online Crime Reporting Tool public, following Surrey’s launch last month.
The portal is used for cases where no suspects or witnesses were/are present and when no police follow-up is needed.
The public can use the new online tool to report the following:
- Damage/mischief to property under $5,000
- Damage/mischief to a vehicle under $5,000
- Hit and run to an unoccupied vehicle or property
- Theft of bicycle under $5,000
- Theft under $5,000
- Theft from vehicle under $5,000
- Lost property
“This has been a much sought after feature by the community,” said Corporal Dennis Hwang.
Cpl. Hwang added that the new online tool allows front-line officers to focus on higher priority calls.
The Richmond RCMP online reporting tool can be found here.