In time for British Columbia’s camping season, a Burnaby man has launched a company that offers a way for adventurers to get exploring faster.
Mike Plumb, owner of Dusk n Dawn Adventure Co, was inspired to create the company by his baby blue 1981 Westphalia van named Dewberry. To make exploring B.C.'s wildlife more accessible, Dusk n Dawn aims to give a hassle-free camping experience by renting out their all-in-one vehicles dubbed Coast Roamer and Coast Hopper. While not a Westphalia, the transportation comes in the form of all-new 2021 Subaru Crosstreks. Plumb calls it "Airbnb in a car."
“Dusk n Dawn is all about the journey being as important as the destination without needing high-tech gear. We strive to provide the best assurance towards safe, simple, and stress-free travel,” said Plumb. “I can’t wait to hear of others’ adventures in our vehicles.”
The Subaru Crosstreks come with Apple CarPlay, Google Maps GPS, a backup camera and heated seats. The package deal also includes:
- Four season rooftop tent
- Integrated LED light strips and headlamps provided.
- 60 second set up and tear down.
- Solar-chargeable battery pack to recharge phones and small devices.
- Jackery Explorer 500 power station that charges as you drive.
- A refrigerated cooler that runs off the battery station.
- Customized extending kitchen with stove, sink, and food prep space.
- All kitchen and cooking necessities including plates, bowls, cups, cutlery, and more.
- Optional add-ons include bike racks and roof cargo containers for additional storage.
In a media release, Plumb explained he is captivated by van life and the ability to travel freely and nimbly while experiencing the best sights British Columbia has to offer.
For more information or to book a vehicle visit Dusk n Dawn Adventure Co’s website.