Organizers of Vancouver’s Canada 150 celebrations have put down their Caesars and butter tarts for a moment to announce details on the upcoming Canada 150 Parade through downtown Vancouver.
The parade caps off two days of festivities and takes place on Sunday, July 2, from 5 to 6:30 p.m. The parade route begins at Broughton and West Georgia, travels east along Georgia, turns north onto Burrard and ends at Burrard and West Pender.
Canada 150 celebrations take place July 1 and 2 at Canada Place, Jack Poole Plaza and surrounding city streets. Event highlights include:
- Five daytime performance stages featuring Sam Roberts, Fefe Dobson, Emerson Drive, Hey Ocean!, Dragonette, Madeline Merlo, the Matinee and more.
- Citizenship ceremony welcoming 150 new Canadians.
- Coast Capital Savings Youth Zone.
- Canadian Forces Zone with displays and interactive exhibits
- Canada150 Zone.
- North Point Lounge serving beer and wine, presented by Steam Whistle Brewing.
- Kids Zone in Harbour Green Park (July 1 only).
- Canadian Oath reaffirmation ceremony presented by CIBC.
- Multi-community fireworks show with simulcast by Rock 101 (July 1).
- Pancake breakfast (July 2).
- Canada150 parade through downtown Vancouver (July 2).
Details at canadaplace.ca/events/canada-day/.