Halloween might be all about getting out with your costumed kids, but your own condo building or neighbourhood may not be the most ideal place to be knocking on doors in search of candy on the big night.
There are a few areas in Vancouver, and in other Metro Vancouver communities, that are big draws each year for trick-or-treaters, thanks to their geographic layout, the efforts made by residents to get their homes dressed up for the holiday, and kid-friendly vibe.
Here are 10 Vancouver and Metro Vancouver neighbourhoods that have been trick-or-treating hot spots in the last couple of years (or longer). From the always spook-tacular Trinity Street to a small historic Richmond 'hood, Halloween night is sure to be a thrill in these spots.
- 2400-2900 Trinity Street, East Vancouver
- Between Oak and Cambie and 16th and King Edward, Douglas Park
- East of Commercial Drive between Kitchener and Venables, East Vancouver
- West 13th to West 15th between Collingwood and Macdonald, Kitsilano
- 16th Avenue to SW Marine Drive, Dunbar
- West 13th and 14th between Columbia and Ontario, Mount Pleasant
- Lafarge Lake area, Coquitlam
- Billy Brown Road, Fort Langley
- Queen’s Park (near Pattullo Bridge), New Westminster
- Burkeville (south of Miller Road, West of Russ Baker Way near YVR), Richmond