From an after dark Wonderland egg hunt to breakfast with the Easter Bunny to the Big Easter Run (dressed up as a bunny of course), there are so many ways to celebrate Easter in Vancouver, it’s not even bunny.
If you’re egg-cited about Easter puns and chocolate eggs, these events are great for a fun weekend with the whole family or with your friends.
Boozy Egg Hunt (Plus a family-friendly version)
Maan Farms will offer Easter fun for both families and adults in three separate events this year. Families and kids get to meet the Easter Bunny, play with baby animals at the Barnyard Adventureland and go on a scavenger hunt for a special Easter treat at the Baby Animal Easter days. They can also have breakfast with the Easter Bunny before heading out to see the baby animals.
Adult-only fun starts at 6 p.m. with the Bunnies & Booze Easter Egg Hunt, including appetizers, dinner, booze, games and a ‘90s retro egg hunt.
Baby Animal Easter Days (BAE Days)
When: April 7-10, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Cost: Walking age and up: $21 online | $25 at the door. Parents: $17 online | $21 at the door; VIP $40.00 online and $45.00 at the door
Breakfast with the Easter Bunny
When: April 7-10, 9-10:30 a.m.
Cost: $16 online | $18 at the door
Bunnies & Booze
When: April 1 from 5 p.m. to late
Cost: $79.00 online. (Tickets cannot be purchased at the door and you must be over 19 to attend this event).
Where: Maan Farms at 790 McKenzie Rd., Abbotsford (all events)
Big Easter Run 2023
Run with the local bunnies at the 8th annual Big Easter Run at Jericho Beach Park. Complete with a DJ, prize giveaways and vendors, the run takes you on a scenic tour of the park– if you look close enough, you may spot Jericho Beach's resident fluffballs. Registration includes a customizable bunny name bib, bunny ears, finish clock, and chocolate medal. Participants in the 1-3km kids run can also join the Egg Hunt.
When: April 8
Where: Jericho Beach Park - 3941 Point Grey Rd, Vancouver
Afterdark Adult Wonderland-Themed Egg Hunt
This 19+ glow in the dark egg hunt in Carisbrooke Park is also 420/BYOB friendly! Each ticket comes with a keepsake glowing basket to collect your glowing Easter eggs– most are filled with candy, toys and other sparkly goodies, but some have special golden tickets to draw from the White Rabbit’s Warren. Don’t forget to dress up for this Wonderland-themed event! The most glowing costume gets a special prize.
When: April 8 from 8-9 p.m.
Where: Carisbrooke Park - 100 Osborne Rd E, North Vancouver
Underwater Scavenger Hunt With Scuba Bunny
Visit the Scuba Bunny for his daily dive in the Strait of Georgia exhibit for a swim among colourful fish and aquatic critters at the Vancouver Aquarium.
When: April 1 to 10 (Easter Bunny dives daily at 11 a.m. and 1p.m.)
Where: Vancouver Aquarium - 845 Avison Way, Vancouver
Cost: $26 - $42
Vancouver's Scottish Cultural Centre is hosting this year’s Rabbitats’ Easter Bunnyfest and there will be plenty of cute rescued bunnies and family activities, including a 'Meet n' Treat', bunny-themed crafts and games, and more. Proceeds from the adorable event go towards the Rabbitats Rescue Society, a volunteer-run charity that rescues and cares for feral and abandoned rabbits.
When: April 1, 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
Where: Scottish Cultural Centre - 8886 Hudson St
DIY Giant Chocolate Egg
'Tis the season for chocolate eggs, so why not make your own giant chocolate Easter Egg? Hand paint, cast in chocolate and stuff little DIY bunnies into your own custom 15-cm tall Easter egg at the Drunken Chocolatier. Whether you gift it after or eat it yourself is up to you, we won’t judge.
When: April 1, 9:30 a.m.
Where: Drunken Chocolatier - 108-223 West Broadway, Vancouver
Taves Farm is bringing back its Easterfest this spring and it's a great time for the whole family. Admission includes plenty of fun activities like a hay ride around the farm, the Petting Barn and Bunny Town, jumping pillows and pedal karts, Easter-themed treats and of course, an Easter egg hunt. Tickets can be purchased online.
When: April 7 to 9 from 9:30 a.m- 3:30 p.m.
Where: 333 Gladwin Rd, Abbotsford
Easter on the Peak
Locals wanting to celebrate Easter in the mountaintops can head over to Grouse Mountain for a prize-filled Easter Egg hunt, face painting and balloon twisting in the Bunny Burrow, firepit s'mores, an Easter ski ride scavenger hunt on the slopes, and movies in the resort's Theatre in the Sky. Visitors can also have brunch with the Easter Bunny.
Find more event details and schedules online.
When: April 8-9
Where: Grouse Mountain - 6400 Nancy Greene Way, North Vancouver
Cost: Regular mountain admission price ($69 for adults); $5 for children
Easter Egg Hunt Eggstravaganzas in Vancouver
Egg hunts will be happening all over the city during Easter weekend.
- Sunset Park Community Centre - Apr. 7, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.; $6 per child for the egg hunt; free event admission for arts, crafts, play gym
- Renfrew Park Community Centre - Apr. 8, 1:30-2:30 p.m.; $5 per child admission; includes family arts and crafts
- Dunbar Community Centre - Apr. 8, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.; $6 per child admission; includes games, crafts, Easter Bunny visit, goodie bag
- Marpole-Oakridge Community Centre - Apr. 1, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; $6 per child admission
- Roundhouse Community Arts & Recreation Centre - Apr. 8, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; $12 per child admission; includes face painting, crafts, real bunny rabbits, prizes
- Strathcona Community Centre - Apr. 1, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; free; includes an egg hunt, arts, crafts, and games, and goodie bag
- False Creek Community Centre - Apr. 1, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; $6 per child admission; includes games, crafts, and family entertainment
- Kilarney Community Centre - Apr. 7, 9:30 a.m.-12 p.m.; $6 per child admission; features a bouncy castle and dance party
- Hillcrest Community Centre - Apr. 8, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.; $5 per child admission; includes scavenger hunt, arts, crafts, games, and Easter Bunny visit
- Kitsilano Community Centre - Apr. 8, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.; $7 per child for the egg hunt; free event admission; features bouncy castle, arts, crafts, treats
For the full list of Easter event programming, including breakfasts with the Easter Bunny and Easter carnivals, see here.
The Fabergé Ball
The Rio Theatre is hosting an adult-only interactive Easter cabaret complete with extravagant floral attire, fun activities, and numerous performances.
When: April 8 at 8:15 p.m.
Where: Rio Theatre - 1660 E Broadway