9:20 a.m. (Dec. 15)
The second weekend of IKEA's first-ever winter market in Coquitlam is set to start earlier than originally scheduled.
In an update to the Tri-City News, the company says it'll now host its festive event from noon to 4 p.m. Friday to Sunday (Dec. 17-19).
"With the first weekend done, we’ve had many learnings and received good feedback, and realized that having the event run a bit earlier would be beneficial," explains spokesperson Emma Cheung.
Last-minute gift buying will become a little easier at a brand new winter market opening up at IKEA in Coquitlam.
Featuring local artisans, community partners and festive Swedish treats, visitors will have the opportunity to support important local charities by visiting this free outdoor market located at IKEA Coquitlam’s upper parking lot.
Taking place over two weekends this month — Dec. 10 to 12 and Dec. 17 to 19 — the market offers an opportunity to try Swedish glögg and lingonberry crêpes, stock up on unique gifts from talented local vendors and support community partners such as Canucks Autism Network and SHARE Family and Community Services Society.
As shoppers look for ways to spice up their holiday season, this winter market may be a fun activity to put on the agenda.
But it’s also an easy way to help out the Canucks Autism Network and SHARE, which runs the Tri-City food banks and the Christmas Toy Bank.
There are two ways to donate:
- Drop off a toy or food donation for the SHARE Society at the winter market. Items such as unwrapped new toys, rice, dry beans and lentils, cooking oil, canned diced tomatoes, fruits, meals/stews, pet food and baby items (formula, diapers) are appreciated
- Visit the Canucks Autism Network (CAN) team at the winter market and make a monetary donation. The CAN team will be accepting donations on Saturdays and Sundays at the market
- Visitors who donate to these important charitable partners will also receive a thank you coupon for $20 off a future purchase of $150 at IKEA Coquitlam
Here are the details about the coupon:
- It’s redeemable from Jan. 2 to Feb. 28, 2022, in store at IKEA Coquitlam only, on a minimum spend of $150 (before taxes) or more in a single transaction
- It can only be used once. Duplicates will not be accepted
- It is not available online, has no cash value and cannot be used against prior purchases or combined with any other offers or promotions