Did someone say free block party?
The Monstercat Compound returns for its third annual block party in Railtown with an exciting lineup including some of electronic music’s most promising artists.
The festivities take place on August 24 at the Monstercat HQ on Railway Street and stretches down Dunlevy. Starting at 2 p.m., the event will offer live art, video games, music education, merchandise, food and drink, and much more.
The full line-up of artists headlining the main stage include:
- Drezo – debut artist – support from notable artists such as Diplo, Dillon Francis, DJ Snake, Major Lazer, Zedd, has brought the LA-based producers bass-driven music to the masses
- Conro – returning artist – one of Canada's top names in electronic music, from Kelowna, BC
- Tails – returning artist – originally from Vancouver Island, Tails, now Vancouver-based creates forward-thinking empyreal electronic music that captivates audiences worldwide
- Grant – returning artist – the LA-based artist brings music and art to life through a coming of age story of personal and artistic exploration
- Disero – debut artist – originally from Kelowna, BC, the Canadian DJ, producer and musician, has gained over 15 million streams on popular platforms over the past 2 years and continues to create music from Victoria, BC
"Compound is always my favourite event of the year, and we are so pleased to welcome some of Monstercat’s fan favourites to the main stage at Compound this year,” says Ben Brown Bentley, Head of Events at Monstercat.
“Vancouverites can expect to see some rising stars in electronic music including BC bred talent like Conro, Disero, and Tails, alongside Drezo and Grant. We are also incredibly happy to have partnered with Groundwerk and MusicBC again this year to showcase some of BC’s best underground sounds.”
Partygoers will also get to watch the winner of the Wild Mix Contest, which is in its fourth year and challenges aspiring musicians to put their DJ skills to the test. The winner will receive a coveted time slot on the main stage awarded as part of the first prize.
“A big part of Compound is inspiring our community to get involved,” says Ben, “this contest is a great way to pave the way for new artists and welcome them to the Monstercat community with our version of open arms: a stage, and a pumped-up crowd.”
The winner will be announced on August 14. Fans can follow along with the competition and tune in to here to listen.
When: Saturday, August 24 from 2 p.m. until 9 p.m.
Where: Monstercat HQ, 380 Railway Street, Vancouver
Those planning to attend can RSVP for free in advance here and for an enhanced block party experience.
A limited run of premium passes are available now.