Known for their themed afternoon tea services that put an awful lot of fun and whimsy into the British-based tradition, the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver has launched an Enchanted Forest tea.
Tuck into the Private Dining Room of Notch8 Restaurant & Bar and enjoy an escape--and some beautiful eats--right from the pages of a charming folktale.
The room is decked out with woodland-themed decor (think fairy lights, moss, vintage story books) and your feast is served on a tea tier made of tree trunks.
On the menu:
- Orange Zest Crème Brûlée topped with candied citrus and phyllo crisp
- Wild Berry and Lavender Honey Butter Scones served with clotted cream and marmalade
- A 'Fairy Ring Tartlet' featuring wild mushrooms, herb boursin, chestnut and truffle
- A 'Mossy Log' of smoked salmon, trout caviar, cream cheese and chive powder
- 'Butterfly Wings' with curry spiced chicken salad, stone fruit, almond, bee pollen and topped with flower petals
- 'Toadstool' chocolate glazed meringue
- Black Forest Cake
- Profiterole 'Pinecone' with white chocolate raspberry pastry cream and almonds
- 'Beehive' Tartlet featuring honey lemon curd and a passion fruit foam
You can select your own tea from their menu of Fairmont Lot 35 Tea, though the tea's curators suggest Creamy Earl Grey or the Kyushu Japan Sencha.
Variations are available by request ahead of time for specific diet-dependent conditions such as gluten-free, as well as dietary preferences like vegetarian and vegan. They also offer a scaled down children's version, too.
The Enchanted Forest Afternoon Tea runs from September 7 - November 18, 2018, with sittings Wednesdays - Sundays at 11 am, 1 pm, and 3 pm. Adults $59, Children $29.50 (ages 12 & under). Reservations are strongly encouraged.
Notch8 at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver is located at 900 West Georgia Street in Vancouver.