Top of the morning to ya!
Pubs and bars across the Lower Mainland will be splashed with green décor today to mark St. Patrick’s Day.
And the Tri-City News has a list of establishments in Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam and Port Moody that have special drinks, hearty meals and activities for the Irish party.
Enjoy the Leprechaun beer, "pot of gold" prizes and Irish dancing — and the new release from Yellow Dog: a dry Irish stout.
- MyPub (1125 Falcon Dr.): Irish dancers at 5 p.m. followed by New Fish featuring Jimmy Cole at 7 p.m. No green beer.
- Charlie Hamiltons (1031-1163 Pinetree Way). Irish party starts at 8 p.m.
- The Taphouse (405 North Rd.): Green beer and food/drink specials on all day; celebrations start at 10 p.m.
- Royal Canadian Legion Branch 263 (1025 Ridgeway Ave.): Live music from Under Fire. Dance floor is open from 7 to 11 p.m. Legion membership required.
- Ricky’s Country Restaurant (300-100 Schoolhouse St.) St. Patrick’s Day pancakes — with a green shamrock — served until March 19.
- The Gillnetter (1864 Argue St.); Specials on food and drinks. Party favours and giveaways.
- Cat and Fiddle (1979 Brown St.): Guinness stew, bangers and mash, corned beef sandwich and other Irish fare. Drink specials on green beer, Jameson shots, Guinness pints and Irish coffee. Doors open at 11 a.m. DJ Basstown Sound starts at 8 p.m.
- The Bennett (2099 Lougheed Hwy.): Specials on food and drinks. Music with Mad Man Lindsay Band at 8 p.m. Cover is $10. DJ Grego spins the tunes at 11 p.m. Tickets through Eventbrite.ca.
- Royal Canadian Legion Branch 133 (2675 Shaughnessy St.): Irish dancers from the Dunvegan Dance Academy start at 3:30 p.m. Food and drink specials including Leprechaun lager and Nutty Irish shooters.
- St. James Well Pub (248 Newport Dr.): Whiskey, Guinness and green brew will be flowing all weekend. The celebrations include Irish dancers, a feature menu, drink specials and extended hours.
- Livelyhood (3224 St. Johns St.): Early brunch, food and drink specials and pot of gold prize draws for a $100 JRG gift card at noon, 2 p.m., 4 p.m. and 6 p.m.
- Moody Ales (2601 Murray St.): Stouts on tap and green beer pouring all day. Come dressed for the Irish holiday.
- Yellow Dog (1-2817 Murray St.): Launching a new dry Irish stout on the nitro tap.
- Fraser Mills Fermentation (3044 St. Johns St.): Paul Watkins starts the party at 6:30 p.m. with The Canyon Riders hitting the stage at 7:30 p.m. Serving Tears of a Banshee Irish Red Ale.