Earlier today I saw The Province's Editor-in-Chief and a reporter from CTV EXCHANGING BARBS on Twitter and it reminded me that I wanted to share this sweet TV commercial from 1985 with you.
This clip is one of many gems that V.I.A. reader Rob Richardson has dug up from his collection. The source is a vast collection of VHS tapes that he recorded himself or has managed to collect from thrift stores, flea markets, storage lockers, yard sales, contacts with people in other parts of Canada and the U.S., and anywhere he can manage. He's driven over to Vancouver Island and as far down as Olympia, Washington to rescue analogue goodness before they've wound up in the scrapper and we're happy to bring you a Vancouver-centric clip each week.
Here are some others we've shared:
- Malacca Rattan commercial - 1987
- Vancouver Television (VTV) promo - 1998
- Blackcomb Mountain launches - 1982
- The Captain, Aye Aye and Good Buy - 1994
- Royal City Antiques - 1985
- BC Place monster truck rally - 1985
- A British Columbia Minute from CBC - 1986