Back in 1987 the Masters of the Universe Power Tour rolled through Vancouver to do 8 shows at the Pacific Coliseum, and this is the sweet TV commercial that was made to promote it.
This clip is one of many gems that V.I.A. reader Rob Richardson has dug up from his collection. The source is a vast archive of VHS tapes that he recorded himself or has managed to collect from thrift stores, flea markets, storage lockers, yard sales, contacts with people in other parts of Canada and the U.S., and anywhere he can manage. He's driven over to Vancouver Island and as far down as Olympia, Washington to rescue analogue goodness before they've wound up in the scrapper and we're happy to bring you a Vancouver-centric clip each week.
Here are some others we've shared:
- "Get a head start" with The Province Newspaper - Early 1980's
- Malacca Rattan commercial - 1987
- Vancouver Television (VTV) promo - 1998
- Blackcomb Mountain launches - 1982
- The Captain, Aye Aye and Good Buy - 1994
- Royal City Antiques - 1985
- BC Place monster truck rally - 1985
- A British Columbia Minute from CBC - 1986