Remember back when you could get a 4 litre bucket of ice cream at Woodward's for only $3.77? Neither do I, but it would be amazing if Nester's Market did a throwback sale to honour deals like these that took place in the space they now inhabit! This commercial from 1985 shows just how much things have changed in 30 years...
This clip is one of many gems that Rob Richardson has dug up from his collection. The source is a vast archive of VHS tapes that he recorded himself or has managed to collect from thrift stores, flea markets, storage lockers, yard sales, contacts with people in other parts of Canada and the U.S., and anywhere he can manage. He's driven over to Vancouver Island and as far down as Olympia, Washington to rescue analogue goodness before they've wound up in the scrapper and we're happy to bring you a Vancouver-centric clip each week.
Here are some others we've shared:
- "Get a head start" with The Province Newspaper - Early 1980's
- Malacca Rattan commercial - 1987
- Vancouver Television (VTV) promo - 1998
- Blackcomb Mountain launches - 1982
- The Captain, Aye Aye and Good Buy - 1994
- Royal City Antiques - 1985
- BC Place monster truck rally - 1985
- A British Columbia Minute from CBC - 1986