The BC Restaurant Hall of Fame has revealed its 2023 inductees.
The process is that the BC Restaurant & Foodservices Association asks about 5,000 members to come up with nominations.
"The nominations then come back to the BC restaurant Hall of Fame committee, and they take those nominations and put them out to past nominees to vote on," said Ian Tostenson, president and CEO of the BC Restaurant & Foodservices Association.
"That's how we arrive at the list,"
He told BIV that the BC Restaurant & Foodservices Association has not held an induction ceremony since 2019, so more people are being inducted this year to make up for it.
An induction ceremony is planned for Oct. 23 at the Italian Cultural Centre to officially honour this year's winners.
Here are the inductees by category:
• Kelly Gordon Romers / Steamship
• James Iranzad Gooseneck Hospitality
• Claudio Ranallo La piazza Dario’s restaurant
• Ron Slinger The Black Bear Neighbourhood Pub
• David Wong Six Mile Pub
• Robert Cassels Saveur Restaurant - Victoria
• Ross Derrick Broken Anchor Hospitality – Kelowna/Big White
• Gino Di Domenico Tacofino - Tofino / Vancouver
• Jesse McCleery Pilgrimme - Gulf Islands
• Mike & Karen Roland Red Door Bistro – Whistler
• Neil Aisenstat Hy's of Canada
• Michael Doyle Aquilini Group
• Audrey Surrao RauDZ Creative Concepts Ltd.
• Lily Verney-Downey & Warren Barr Pluvio Restaurant
Friend of the Industry:
• Bert Hick Rising Tide Consultants
Women in Hospitality:
• Kelsey Oudendag Okanagan College / RauDZ Creative Concepts Ltd.
• Jennifer Rossi Kitchen Table Group
• Cathy Tostenson White Spot Hospitality
• Donna Wadsworth Savoury City Catering
Leading Employee/Manager – Front and Back of House:
• Andy Crimp Cardero's
• Ken Nakano Inn at Laurel Point
• Celestino Posteraro Cioppino's
• Chris Brown Arterra Wines Canada
• Yvonne (Koo) Leong Koo Produce