Skip to content
Join our Newsletter
Join our Newsletter

Hope you enjoyed the sunny weekend: Rain, clouds return to Vancouver

It's going to be damp.
weather-raining(1)
Rain is expected for Vancouver starting Wednesday.

The last couple of days have been sunny, which is great, but may be setting the bar high for the rest of May.

Looking at the week ahead, Environment Canada is forecasting showers, cloudy skies and more showers. Also, sometimes there's going to be some rain.

Tuesday, May 24, will be the highlight of the week for Apollo's followers (here's hoping the six Greek myth fans reading this will enjoy that), as there's going to be a mix of sun and cloud with increasing cloudiness. And it's unlikely to be a dry day for everyone, with a 30 per cent chance of showers increasing to 70 per cent in the evening.

At least it'll stay a comfortable temperature, with a high of 16 C and low of 11 C.

That sets the tone for the week.

Wednesday will see a high of 18 C and low of 11 C, and the rest of the week is essentially the same, temperature-wise. It'll start with a 30 per cent chance of showers which will taper off to just "cloudy" overnight. Thursday will start off cloudy, but as the day continues rain will come back.

Friday will start rainy, moving to a 60 per cent chance of showers, which sticks around through until Saturday night, when it might just be cloudy. Showers are again expected Sunday.

If you're wondering, yes, it has been a colder than usual spring in B.C. this year (and that's raising flood concerns in the interior).

vancouver-weather-may-2022
Caption