Skip to content
Join our Newsletter
Join our Newsletter

13th recorded tent fire causes blaze in Downtown Eastside

The fire was caused by "smoker's materials"
Another tent caught fire in the Downtown Eastside on Tuesday (March 21).

Around noon on Tuesday (March 21) another tent caught fire on the 300 block of Main Street in Vancouver's Downtown Eastside.

The latest blaze was directly across the street from Sunday night's tent fire caused by an exploding propane tank inside.

"Thankfully this tent fire was small but the results can be devastating," says Vancouver Fire Rescue Services (VFRS) in a tweet.

VFRS spokesperson Matthew Trudeau says that smoker's materials were the cause of this fire and that two people were in the area when the tent ignited but he's unsure of their exact location.

 "This is at least the thirteenth tent fire this year," he says. The actual number could be higher but "we know many are not reported to us."

push icon
Be the first to read breaking stories. Enable push notifications on your device. Disable anytime.
No thanks