Skip to content
Join our Newsletter

It's going to be a wet one: Here is how long it is expected to rain in Metro Vancouver

It's not snow but it is not nice.
The Environment Canada Metro Vancouver weather forecast includes plenty of precipitation in April.

Vancouverites can get a suntan this week...provided they can get on a plane. 

Environment Canada calls for a decidedly gloomy stretch of wet weather in the Lower Mainland, although temperatures aren't expected to drop too much overnight. 

Starting on Thursday, April 6, the forecast includes rain and a double-digit high of 10 C with a low of 9 C overnight. The Good Friday holiday might be a little less wet, with a 60 per cent chance of showers expected during the day and a 40 per cent chance of them overnight. 

The Easter long weekend forecast includes plenty of precipitation, with periods of rain expected on Saturday and Sunday. Both days are expected to see daily highs over 10 C,  with temperatures aren't expected to dip below 6 C. 

Heading into next week, Monday and Tuesday are also expected to see some wet weather but Wednesday might offer a sunny respite from the gloomy stretch. 

Metro Vancouver weather forecast

Photo via Environment Canada

Have a look at Environment Canada's complete spring forecast for Metro Vancouver.