Skip to content
Join our Newsletter

Photos: Woman killed in 'isolated' fatal Coquitlam shooting

She was found inside a vehicle and died after suffering from gunshot wounds; homicide investigators are taking lead in the Hockaday area shooting.

A woman is dead after succumbing to gunshot wounds from a fatal shooting in Coquitlam last night (Dec. 8).

No suspects have been arrested or are sought by police, as of this publication (Dec. 9), who believe the city's seventh known shooting of 2022 was an "isolated incident."

The Integrated Homicide Investigation Team (IHIT) has since been deployed to work with local RCMP on the case. 

Before 11 p.m., frontline Mounties were called to reports of a shooting on Lambert Way near Turner Avenue in the Hockaday neighbourhoud west of the Coquitlam River.

A woman was found inside a vehicle suffering from apparent gunshot wounds, and first responders began lifesaving measures.

However, spokesperson Cpl. Alexa Hodgins explained she died at the scene after succumbing to her injuries.

As the investigation is still in its evidence gathering phase, police are asking the public for witness statements, as well as dashcam, CCTV, surveillance, cell phone or general video footage of the area.

Hodgins added victim services has also been activated.

Two weeks since string of crimes

The incident occurred 15 days after Coquitlam's last known shooting.

IHIT was called to a double homicide near Dawes Hill Park on Nov. 23 after three people were shot inside a vehicle; one was dead on scene while another succumbed to their injuries in hospital.

Investigators identified one of the victims as 25-year-old Ramin Salam of Coquitlam, and believed the incident was targeted and related to Lower Mainland gang conflict.

That double homicide happened in the same week as a crime spree that spanned across the Tri-Cities, which ended in the arrest of two of four armed suspects. 

Staff at Journey Approved in Port Coquitlam were subject to a robbery on Nov. 22 and the suspects fled in a vehicle stolen from the dealership, leading to an exchange of gunfire during rush hour.

Two suspects icrashed a vehicle on Highway 1 near King Edward Street and were taken into custody after attempting to flee on foot.

Following the crimes, RCMP hosted two outreach sessions in Coquitlam and Port Coquitlam for concerned residents to speak freely with officers about community safety.

The latest shooting took place four days after the event's final session on Dec. 4.

Anyone with more information about the Hockaday incident is encouraged to call IHIT at 1-877-551-4448 or email


push icon
Be the first to read breaking stories. Enable push notifications on your device. Disable anytime.
No thanks