There's another highrise tower slated for development in Burnaby's Metrotown neighbourhood.
OpenForm Properties Ltd. is proposing a 33-storey condo tower at 6470 to 6508 Silver Ave., with five townhomes at the base of the tower and an adjacent six-storey rental building, according to a city staff report.
Currently on the two properties are two three-storey rental apartments built in the 1960s, with a total of 83 rental units.
Council approved the development to move to a discussion at a future public hearing, likely in September, at its Aug. 28 meeting.
What does the development include?
The new development will include 441 residential units total, including 358 market strata condos and 83 non-market rental units, to replace the 83 rental units demolished to make way for the development.
The condo tower will include:
- 87 studios between 419 and 472 sq. ft.
- 143 one-bedrooms between 554 and 618 sq. ft.
- 95 two-bedrooms between 615 and 876 sq. ft.
- 33 three-bedrooms at almost 1,012 sq. ft.
The wood-frame rental building will include:
- Seven studios at 323 sq. ft.
- 55 one-bedrooms between 562 and 602 sq. ft.
- 21 two-bedrooms between 740 and 818 sq. ft.
All of the 419 parking spaces will be equipped with an electric vehicle charger, as required by Burnaby bylaw.
The developer will also provide active transportation measures including:
- A transit pass subsidy equivalent to a two-zone monthly pass for all of the rental units and 15 per cent of the strata units for two years
- Two secured bike parking spaces for all residential units (strata and rental)
- Four car-share vehicles and four dedicated car-share spaces in visitor parking
- A car-share membership for each of the 441 units
Amenities for the strata tower include a lobby space, boardroom, fitness room, children’s play area, outdoor seating and a dog run.
Also proposed is an outdoor space with seating, barbecue areas and games tables.
The rental building's amenities include a lobby with a mail and parcel room, a lounge space for entertaining with access to an outdoor patio.