Down for brunch, anyone?
Locally-owned Palate Kitchen offers one of the best kept secrets for delicious (and Instagrammable) brunch spots in Metro Vancouver. Just in time for the summer, the restaurant’s full brunch menu is now available again for dine-in service at their beautiful dining space on West Hastings.
Photo: Palate Kitchen.
A contemporary casual dining concept from Pallet Coffee Roasters, Palate Kitchen adds to the local roastery’s commitment to roasting one of the city’s best coffee with good food and good drinks to be enjoyed in good company.
In addition to their unique takes on classic brunch favourites like eggs benedict (served with their housemade hollandaise sauce on a slice of ciabatta bread) and smashed avocado toast (tossed with goat cheese and pickled cabbage), Palate has a wide variety of sweet and savoury offerings, and colourful and hearty dishes, within their breakfast and lunch choices to suit anyone’s food cravings, including:
- THE FJORD TOAST with Gravlax salmon, avocado, and pickled crispy shallots, with cream cheese spread on sourdough toast.
- THE PALATE BURGER, which includes a beef patty, fried egg, sauteed mushrooms, caramelized onion, roasted tomato, alfalfa sprouts, cheddar and emmental cheese, and house sauces on a brioche bun.
- KEFTA SKILLET with Moroccan meatballs and two poached eggs on a bed of housemade tomato sauce and olives, served in a skillet with a side of sourdough bread.
- VEGETARIAN HEALTHY HUEVOS served with two fried eggs, beans, corn, avocados, cilantro, and diced mango, with salsa roja on corn tortillas.
- FRUIT CRUNCH BOWL with a fresh mix of berries and topped with almond granola, dark chocolate sprinkles, ginger crumb and meringue on roasted plum and pear puree, and Greek yogurt.
Photo: Pallet Coffee Roasters.
To add a kick to your brunch or lunch, sip on one of Palate Kitchen’s specialty cocktails — sure to be a refreshing thirst-quencher to get you into the summer spirit! Some of the highlights includes:
- VANCOUVER MIMOSA with blueberry syrup, grapefruit juice, and mint.
- PALATE ESPRESSO MARTINI with Van Gogh espresso vodka, coffee liqueur, vanilla liqueur, and shots of espresso.
- MATCHA WAKE ME UP with vodka, vanilla liqueur, matcha powder, lavender syrup, oat milk, and egg whites.
- BUTTERFLY PEA TEA MARGARITA with Cazadores, Cointreu, lime juice, lavender syrup, and a Butterfly Pea tea ice cube.
- BLUEBERRY MOJITO with blueberry, vodka, fresh B.C. blueberries, mint, lavender syrup, and soda.
Photo: Pallet Coffee Roasters.
For an iced coffee and pastries to take out for your morning scroll along the seawall, the Pallet To-Go Coffee Shop at Palate Kitchen’s location is a favourite for specialty roasted coffee and café offerings on the go.
So call up your brunch bunch, because you have a brunch date to look forward to at Palate Kitchen this weekend!
Palate Kitchen is open for brunch from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. all week long, with their dinner service running from Thursday to Saturday from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Pallet To-Go Coffee Shop is open Monday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
For more info, visit palatekitchen.com.