Chances are pretty good that if you live in the Lower Mainland or within a couple of hours drive from the world-class skiing or snowboarding our region has to offer, you’ve been doing hitting the slopes for a long time. Years even. You know how to ski. No snow plows for you. You swish from side to side, expertly slicing up the piste. You’ve been to Whistler Blackcomb many times and you know where to go, and what to do. So why should you book with the Snow School?
Whistler Blackcomb's Snow School offers so much more than just ski lessons! Here are seven good reasons to sign up:
1. There are 1,200 ski instructors, and Whistler Blackcomb has the most Level 4 ski (Canadian Ski Instructors’ Alliance) and snowboard (Canadian Association of Snowboard Instructors) instructors in Canada (50 and 12, respectively). So if you want to learn from literally the best of the best, this is the place to go.
2. Even Olympians take lessons throughout their career; they keep practicing, and they still need tips. A ski or snowboard instructor can definitely help you improve your abilities. No matter what level you’re at, no one is perfect. You can learn to carve better, move faster or perhaps even ski those double black diamond steeps. Not to mention, with 8,171 acres of groomed and un-groomed terrain, five different kinds of snow (yes FIVE), there’s always something new for an expert to show you. Do you know how to ski ice vs. champagne powder vs… Didn’t think so.
3. Can you say “front of the lift line”? That’s right, folks. Snow School allows you to bypass those crazy lines (especially on the weekends and peak times) and you get VIP treatment all the way. More time on the mountain, less time in the lineups. That might be all the reason you need to sign up!
4. Although skiing is a solo sport, it’s also a community. And what better way to meet like-minded individuals - at your level or different levels - than with a Max 4. These small-group lessons are made up of no more than four other adults. You’ll make the most out of your day with the instructor and might even make some good friends (I mean, you’ve already established one mutual interest).
5. Your Snow School instructor doesn’t actually have to teach you anything. They can serve as your private guide through one of the greatest mountains in Canada. They know Whistler Blackcomb like the back of their hand. They’ll take you to the freshest powders, the furthest backcountry, and the best spots you’ve never heard of. And hey, they might throw in a pointer or two for good measure. But seriously, unless you’ve spent every spare moment exploring the mountains since you were a tween, or if you’ve always gone down the same trails, how will you ever know the complete Whistler Blackcomb experience?
6. Skiing is the perfect family sport. What other activity can bring kids of almost any age and their parents together for a full day of sports? Not many! Families who ski together, travel the world together. OK, that might not be an actual saying, but it should be. Kids love snow – it’s a fact. So get the whole gang together, book an instructor who will help all of you (regardless of age or skill level), and you’ll end up creating a pretty memorable family adventure. These will be memories your children will cherish.
7. If you needed one last reason, Discover Whistler Days offers a 25 percent discount, even on Snow School. So if your timing is flexible, this is a great way to save a bit of cash and get a lot of ski time.
Regardless of your reason, spending the day with an highly trained Snow School instructor is the perfect way to get to know Whistler Blackcomb for the first time, for the hundredth time… or just to learn a few of her best kept secrets.