Since travel outside of Canada isn't recommended, a number of Vancouverites are searching for places to visit domestically.
B.C. moved into Step 3 of its four-step restart plan on July 1, meaning British Columbians who have had their hearts set on travel across the country will be able to safely take the skies.
While there are several inexpensive flights across the province and the country right now, a couple of them stand out.
Flair Airlines offers several deals for flights in B.C. or across the country that are hard to beat.
Right now, the low-cost carrier is offering a flight from Abbotsford International Airport (YXX) to Calgary International AIrport (YYC) for only $19 CAD including tax. There are several dates available for this price starting in September 2021. Have a look at some of the available dates.
What B.C. residents need to know about the new travel rules
British Columbians many enjoy travel across Canada rather than only within B.C. The province will also welcome travellers from other provinces to visit B.C
Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry has laid out travel manners and guidelines for everyone travelling within B.C.:
- getting vaccinated
- pre-trip planning and research before arriving at the destination
- respecting any local travel advisories to isolated and remote communities and Indigenous communities
- following mask guidelines
- respecting personal space and practicing good hygiene, including frequent handwashing
- no travelling for anyone who is sick, and if symptoms develop while travelling - self isolate immediately and contact 811 for guidance and testing
Find out everything B.C. residents need to know about the new travel rules.