Looking to score a cheap ticket outside of B.C.?
While the federal government advises against international travel, British Columbians may still travel within the province and across Canada, albeit with some pandemic safety precautions.
Lower Mainland residents may enjoy 25 per cent off base fares of tickets as part of Swoop's latest sale. The sale applies to any destination the carrier flies to, which includes cities across Canada, the United States, Mexico, and the Caribbean.
The sale will end on Jan. 7 at 11:59 p.m. or until sold out and is valid for travel between Jan. 17 to June 26, 2022.
For locals looking to fly back east, Swoop already offers extremely low fares in the new year. With the promotion, travellers may enjoy additional savings on several popular routes.
For example, a flight departing Abbotsford International Airport and flying directly to Lester B. Pearson International in Toronto on Feb. 2 costs a total of $48.99 CAD including all tax. However, the flight's base fare is $29.59 CAD and the promotion will take $6.40 CAD off of it. The new base fare will be $19.19 CAD and the ticket will cost $42.59 CAD.
Metro Vancouver residents: What to know about travel right now
- Book your ticket with Swoop online.
- Find out everything you need to know about international travel with our comprehensive travel guide for Canadians.
- Discover a tutorial on how to use the ArriveCAN app.
- See the testing and quarantine instructions you'll receive at Vancouver International Airport.
- Find out the best way to get a refund on your flight and not get taken advantage of by the airline with V.I.A.'s air passenger guide.
Disclaimer: Vancouver Is Awesome does not support travel during the non-essential travel advisory. Many foreign governments are implementing strict travel restrictions due to the spread of the Omicron variant and international transportation options may be limited. As a result, you may have difficulty returning to Canada.