Locals looking to visit the Emerald Isle have a few cheap flights to take advantage of right now.
Tickets to Ireland start at around $900 to $1000 for round-trip flights this summer. But if you are looking to spend the summer in Ireland, you can expect to save nearly half the price on select dates.
For example, Expedia.ca is offering a deal to Dublin that departs in June and returns in September and only costs $557.94 including all taxes and fees.
The only catch for the ultra-low fare is the outbound journey; you'll have to overnight in Calgary. That said, return trips to Ireland for under $560 CAD are few and far between and the trip home is a breeze, with only one short, two-hour layover in Calgary.
Book your trip with Expedia.
Explore Dublin and Ireland
Dublin offers a litany of things to do and see, as well as the perfect place to begin your Irish adventure. While you're in the city you'll be privy to numerous eateries, shops, and, of course, world-famous pubs. If you are looking to venture outside of the city, you'll be able to soak in the stunning beauty of the countryside.
Located three hours from Dublin, the stunning Cliffs of Moher is Ireland's most visited tourist attraction. These spectacular cliffs rise an incredible 702 feet at their highest point, just north of O'Brien's Tower. The majestic rock faces are an awe-inspiring sight to behold — many people spend half of their day viewing them in all of their rugged glory.
Metro Vancouver residents: What to know about travel right now
Canada dropped its coronavirus testing requirement to enter the country but many health restrictions remain in place following the federal government's announcement.
- Find out everything you need to know about international travel with our comprehensive travel guide for Canadians.
- Discover a tutorial on how to use the ArriveCAN app.
- Have a look at Canada's new cruising rules.
- Find out the best way to get a refund on your flight and not get taken advantage of by the airline with V.I.A.'s air passenger guide.
- Find out everything you need to consider as a B.C. resident booking travel in 2022, including important insurance considerations.