Locals looking to visit the "Golden City" without hopping on a plane have a low-cost option this fall.
All of the Pacific Coastal cruises departing Californian cities en route to Vancouver are sold out or have already happened. Looking forward, however, there are still a few affordable options this fall.
One of the best deals departs Vancouver on Saturday, Sept. 24 and spends two days at sea before disembarking in San Francisco on Tuesday, Sept. 27.
The total cost for two people for an interior stateroom is $626 USD, which converts to $821.02 CAD. The total per person price works out to $410.51 CAD including all taxes and fees.
Not only does that cost include your transportation on a beautiful five-star vessel, but it also includes meals, entertainment, snacks, and lodging. The only thing it doesn’t factor in is alcohol, but you may opt to purchase a drink package that can reduce the cost of your spending.
The ship is the five-star Royal Princess, which offers swimming pools, a basketball court, a tennis court, hot tubs, a live theatre, mini-golf, renowned spa treatments, movies under the stars, a jogging track and much more.
Find out what the COVID-19 situation was like on the first cruise to sail in Vancouver.
Book your cruise with Princess Cruises.
Metro Vancouver residents: What to know about travel right now
Canada dropped its coronavirus testing requirement to enter the country but many health restrictions remain in place following the federal government's announcement.
- Find out everything you need to know about international travel with our comprehensive travel guide for Canadians.
- Discover a tutorial on how to use the ArriveCAN app.
- Have a look at Canada's new cruising rules.
- Find out the best way to get a refund on your flight and not get taken advantage of by the airline with V.I.A.'s air passenger guide.
- Find out everything you need to consider as a B.C. resident booking travel in 2022, including important insurance considerations.
- Find out everything you need to know about travelling to the United States.
- this handy tool shows how long you'll wait in lines at Vancouver International Airport.