By Nono Shen
Vancouver International Airport (YVR) has travel trips to get passengers through the airport hassle-free over the busy holiday season.
The Vancouver Airport Authority is expecting up to 90,000 people to pass through the airport daily over the peak holiday season, which runs from Friday, Dec. 20 to Monday, Jan. 6.
Reg Krake, director of customer experience for the airport, said the airport might continue to see a record-breaking passenger numbers this year. YVR handled more than 25.9 million arrivals in 2018; the airport is forecasting passenger numbers will exceed 26 million this year.
In preparation for crowds, the airport is reminding travellers to plan ahead to reduce travel-related stress.
The airport is also encouraging passengers say hello to the YVR ambassador dogs, located at the terminals from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. every weekday.
Here are YVR's travel tips:
• Confirm travel details in advance.
• When packing your carry-on bags, remember that liquids and gels must be in bottles 100 ml or smaller and aerosols are prohibited
• Don’t wrap gifts before packing them into your carry-on or checked baggage
• Travelling to YVR on the Canada Line is quick, a thirty-minute ride from downtown Vancouver
• Arrive 90 minutes in advance for domestic flights, two hours in advance for trips to the United States and three hours for international flights
Read more from the Richmond News