Skip to content
Join our Newsletter
VIA store 300x100
Join our Newsletter

Confirmed COVID-19 case linked to West Vancouver Aritzia location

The Park Royal boutique was recently deep cleaned "out of an abundance of caution"
Park Royal Aritzia covid-19 Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 7.17.14 PM
Aritzia's Park Royal location in West Vancouver / Photo:

Artizia's Park Royal location underwent a deep cleaning after an employee who works at the boutique recently tested positive for COVID-19. 

In an emailed statement, a spokesperson for the company said the team member "contracted COVID-19 outside of the workplace," noting that the individual "had not been in the store for over a week."

The spokesperson said contact tracing has been conducted, which confirmed that there’s been "zero exposure" to others. However, the boutique was "deep cleaned out of an abundance of caution."

The location remains open for business and does not currently appear on Vancouver Coastal Health's list of public exposures. 

According to the statement, Aritzia is working closely with local health authorities and "taking all necessary precautions to ensure the ongoing safe operations of our boutique."

On its website, the Vancouver-based retailer lists the set of "industry-leading health precautions" it said it has implemented across its boutiques amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. 

In addition to requiring both customers and staff to wear masks at each location, the measures include: 

  • Reduced boutique capacity
  • Social-distance guide markers
  • Hand sanitizer available throughout the boutique
  • Limited fitting room capacity 
  • Sanitized product and fitting rooms after each use
  • Contactless payment
  • Separate returns counter
  • Sanitized cash desk and debit terminal after each client
  • Regular sanitization of surfaces throughout the boutique

Aritzia began reopening its stores in May, after initially shutting all of its locations' doors in March in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The company temporarily closed its Coquitlam Centre location in July after a potential exposure to the virus was connected to the boutique.