Vancouver Police are warning the public about a high-risk sex offender who has been re-released from jail and plans to reside in Vancouver.
Trevor Leonard Smith, 46, is a federal offender who poses a high risk of relationship and sexual violence, particularly against children. In addition, the VPD and the Correctional Service of Canada believe that, "there are compelling reasons to warrant a public notification of his release."
Smith was previously convicted of sexual assault, possession of child pornography, accessing child pornography, assault causing bodily harm, and failure of comply with a court order. He was also the subject of public warning in November 2017 and March 2019.
He is described as caucasian, about 5’10” and 170 pounds, with grey hair and blue eyes. He also uses the surnames Landry and Williams.
Smith will be bound by the following court orders:
- Keep the peace and be of good behaviour;
- Report to a probation officer;
- Reside at a place approved by a probation officer;
- Remain in British Columbia;
- Advise a probation officer of relationships and friendships with females;
- Not to consume or possess any controlled substances;
- No contact, directly or indirectly, with anyone under 16 years old;
- Not to attend any public park, school ground, recreational centre, skating rink or public swimming pool, public swimming area, community centre, playground, or any other place where a person under 16 years old is reasonable or expected to be present;
- Not to use or possess a computer or access the internet, except with prior permission of a probation officer;
- Not to possess or access any data encryption, electronic storage device, or computer software without written permission of a probation officer.
Anyone who sees or knows of Smith violating any of these conditions is asked to call 9-1-1 immediately.